Monday, April 11, 2011

Chicken and Broccoli Casserole

I needed to use up some chicken breast and broccoli tonight. I didn't know what to make so Stefan suggested a casserole. I looked up a recipe and luckily I had some healthy alternatives to some ingredients.


Here is my recipe:
1 1/2 lb Chicken Breast
2 Crowns of Broccoli - cut up into small pieces
1 Can of Healthy Request Cream of Mushrooms
3 Tbsp of Light Mayo
1 Cup of Shredded Parmesan Cheese

First put water in a pot enough to cover the chicken. Pound the chicken out a little and then put it in the pot. Bring water to a boil on High heat and then lower it to med low. Cook for about 20-25 min or until cooked all the way through. Take chicken out, after it has cooled off cut up the chicken into small pieces.


In the baking dish, mix together the can of Cream of Mushroom soup, half a can of water and the mayo. Add the cut chicken and broccoli. Mix it all together well.


Cover the top with the parmesan cheese and put it in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 min.

 You can put this on top of brown rice or pasta which I did.


I would say the portion is about 2/3 cup. I calculated it at about 7 WWPP per serving.


I ate it with some pasta which was about 5 points per cup. My total dinner was 12 points tonight. It was super filling!


Stefan and I were brain storming and we're going to try a few different things next time. I think we'll saute some spinach with shallots and garlic in a small pan and add it to the soup and mayo mix to give it a little more flavor. The recipe called for shredded cheddar cheese but I substituted that with parmesan cheese and I think it was very good that way. I also think I'll try cream of chicken soup next time.










No comments:

Post a Comment